☝️This article concerns only those customers whose account details begin with TRZO. Have you received an email announcing that your new account is now available? If so, continue reading this article to discover all the details. Still haven’t received an email? Hang in there, we’ll be sending you one very soon.
In September 2018, after receiving our Payment Institution license, we devoted ourselves to developing our own banking platform with the goal of managing all your banking transactions ourselves.
Good news! The new platform is now available, and your new main account is already set up. 🎉
To make this transition as smooth as possible, we have given you 90 days to transfer your banking activity to your main account. During this transitional period, you will continue to have access to your former account.
Former account versus main account: what’s the difference?
Your former account corresponds with the account details with which you are already familiar. 90 days after opening your main account, your former account will be closed, and you will no longer be able to use its account details.
Your main account will soon be your only account. It corresponds with your new account details and enables you to benefit from all of Qonto’s latest features.
Once logged in to your Qonto app, simply click on the account name located at the top of your screen and easily switch from your former account to your main account, or vice-versa.
How to transfer your banking activity?
Follow the different steps below, one by one, to transfer your banking activity to your new main account.
Credit funds to your main account
Now that your main account is up and running, simply credit funds to it and you’re ready to go!
How do you do this?
- Go to the Transfers section of your former account and click on Create transfer.
- Choose the Single transfer in euros option and look for the name of your organization in the list of your beneficiaries. (We have saved the bank account details of your new account there.)
- Make a new transfer.
- You will be able to use your main account for all your current transactions once the funds have arrived.
⏳Since this transfer is being sent to a separate banking platform, it may take some time to arrive. You should see the funds appear in your main account within 24 hours.
We recommend leaving just enough funds in your former account to allow you to continue using your old card, until your new one arrives.
Order your new Qonto Card
With a new account comes new account details and a new card! Once the 90-day deadline has passed, you will no longer be able to use your current Qonto card.
- Go to the Cards section of your main account.
- Click on Create card. You have the choice between a One card (included in your plan) or one of our new Premium cards.
- When placing your order, be sure to check the shipping address you selected. If you’ve moved, remember to update it.
- Your new Qonto card will arrive in your mailbox within 5 business days. Once you have received the new card for your main account, all that’s left to do is activate it and cut up the old one before throwing it away.
☝️If you have…
Online subscriptions: remember to update your bank card numbers to avoid any rejected payments.
Virtual cards: simply recreate them on your main account and delete them from your former account.
Share your new banking information
To receive payments to your main account, you can, starting immediately, share your new account details with your clients and partners!
- Updating your banking information on your quotes and invoices.
- Sending an email to your clients to let them know.
- Updating your banking information on platforms on which you conduct business (freelance bidding websites, e-marketplace for selling goods and services, etc.).
- Advising your accountant. Note that you will need to send them your statements from your former account and from your main account before your former account is closed.
Reschedule your transfers
To prevent your transfers from being rejected due to insufficient funds in your former account, we recommend rescheduling them on your main account and deleting them from your former account.
- Go to the Transfers section of your former account to view your recurring or scheduled transfers.
- Then, go to the Transfers section of your main account and click Create transfer.
- Select the option Single transfer in euros.
- We have added your beneficiaries already; all you have to do is select one.
- Enter the reference, amount, date, and frequency.
- Return to your former account and delete them.
And there you have it: your new main account is open for business! Do you need more help? Feel free to contact us.